*** PLEASE NOTE: THE ULTIMAKER 3 3D PRINTERS HAVE NOW RETURNED TO SELF SERVICE USE, WITH A CALENDAR BASED BOOKING SYSTEM IN PLACE . PRUSA MINIS CONTINUE TO BE AVAILABLE FOR 3D PRINT QUEUE AND COLLECT.***
Several service adjustments are in place while Covid restrictions apply. The following service alterations and restrictions currently apply:
- Studio inductions and equipment training sessions are available but in a limited number, find out more here
- On Site use of the 3D printers, CNC mills, solder iron and laser cutter is now available, bookable via our make a booking page. Shifting to a calendar based booking system from November 1st.
- On site 3D scanning, Virtual reality and large format document scanning are now available, bookable via our make a booking page.
- On site use of uCreate Multimedia PC and Mac equipment is now available, bookable via our make a booking page.
- 3D Print Queue and Collect is now available for all University staff and students.
- Equipment Loans are now available for all University staff and students, following registration for the service.
- Poster printing is now available from the Main Library, using EdPrint.
Makerspace staff remain available for online training, advice and support for anyone in the University of Edinburgh community. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if we can help with your project.
We're anticipate further adjustments to the service as Covid restrictions subside. Any changes to our service provision will be shared via our website and social media channels.
uCreate Studio with a Times Higher Education Award!
We're delighted to have won the THE Award for Outstanding Library Team for our work in the 2019/20 academic year!