The workshop (Room 1.11) will be closed due to refurbishment for approximately 2 weeks. During this period the loans system and the online print queue (for the Prusa minis only) will remain available for use but no other services are guaranteed.
Service Update 24/05/21
Several service adjustments are in place while Edinburgh is in local protection level two. The following service alterations and restrictions currently apply:
- Studio inductions have begun again but in a limited number, find out more here
- On Site use of the 3D printers, CNC mills and laser cutter is now available, bookable via our make a booking page.
- On site 3D scanning and large format document scanning are now available, bookable via our make a booking page.
- On site use of uCreate Multimedia PC and Mac equipment is now available, bookable via our make a booking page.
- 3D Print Queue and Collect is now available for all University staff and students.
- Equipment Loans are now available for all University staff and students, following registration for the service.
- Poster printing is now available from the Main Library, using EdPrint.
Makerspace staff remain available for online training, advice and support for anyone in the University of Edinburgh community. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if we can help with your project.
We're anticipate further adjustments to the service as Edinburgh's local protection level subsides. Any changes to our service provision will be shared via our website and social media channels.
uCreate Studio with a Times Higher Education Award!
We're delighted to have won the THE Award for Outstanding Library Team for our work in the 2019/20 academic year!